GENERAL PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
The American Indonesia Exchange Foundation (AMINEF) is pleased to announce the availability of approximately 40 new Fulbright scholarships under the aegis of the Fulbright Presidential Scholarship Program to pursue Ph.D. degree in the United States for the 2007-2008 academic year. The Fulbright Program in Indonesia promotes mutual understanding between the Republic of Indonesia and the United States of America through educational exchange and academic scholarship. Fulbright scholarships are available to Indonesian citizens with the appropriate qualifications as stipulated in the program descriptions listed below.
ELIGIBILITY & REQUIREMENTS
Preference will be given to applicants who serve or plan to serve as faculty members of state and private institutions of higher education in Indonesia and have not previously received any Fulbright scholarship.
Applicants will possess:
- a Bachelor and/or Master’s degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.00 scale).
- demonstrated leadership qualities.
- a good understanding of Indonesian and other cultures.
- a deep commitment to the chosen field of study.
- a determination to return to Indonesia upon completion of the Fulbright program and to take up academic positions in higher education upon their return.
- a minimum TOEFL score of 525.
All disciplines and fields of study are eligible for a Fulbright award. Priority fields are: Social Sciences, Religious Studies, Science and Engineering, Law, and Education—specifically, English Teaching and Higher Education Administration.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates should complete the appropriate application forms. Forms are available either by mail or in person at the AMINEF Office, Gedung Balai Pustaka, 6th floor, Jl. Gunung Sahari Raya 4, Jakarta 10720. Application forms may also be downloaded from the AMINEF Website at the following URL: www.aminef.or.id. Please return to AMINEF your complete application package by the application deadline that includes:
- Completed application form. This includes a clearly written and concise study objective.
- Copy of your most recent, less than two years old, TOEFL score report.
- One letter of reference, either from your current employer or previous lecturer.
- Copy of academic transcript (English translation).
- Copy of identity document (KTP or passport).
Specific questions regarding the application process are accepted via e-mail at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not accept email applications. Hard copies must be sent or delivered to American Indonesian Exchange Foundation.
The deadline for the submission of application materials for this program is May 31, 2008.
Sumber: Situs AMINEF